Wednesday 4 November 2009

Research

Here are the first ideas i got from the ink/marker pen experiment. Thought id have a go at what i thought before reseaching and then look more into patterns.
My first curly idea came from a picture i drew last year and thought i could replicate that and use it in my animation, other ideas came from a animation i found on youtube.

This is a drawring i done last year and gave me my first inspiration for my first ideas, Ill proberly change the pattern so it flows together, so in the animation bits can come of each other and i will also keep it to one colour.

I created this image using a tea bag in warm water and rubbing it over a page of my sketch book to it had that old look to it, once it dried i then used a marker and using my first image as a base image i drew diffrent patterns and lines coming out of each other, ill proberly have the base coming out slowly in the animation with the curls coming out each branch as it come out an then had the extra detail dotting the edges and seprate parts coming out after.

For this idea i used the animation i found on youtube for this. I dnt like this idea as it looks to plain and doent have much to it.
If i was to animate this, i could have the tree growing out and the flowers growing out of the tops as the branches end.
I created this again using a tea bag and marker


Here i used the same inspirationg as my first idea but using a blue pencil and a white background, Im not to keen on this as it looks rather plain but i do like the pattern.



This is the research i have done after my 1st basic ideas, i looking into japanese art as i have always loved japanese culture etc. I have also looked into other patterns and designs as well.

I really like the flower design and how they all come togther and everything fits. I may use a basic black tree and then use a fain colour for extra detail, like the image here.


I like the idea of having a dark basic background and the using a one block color for the detail.


I decided to look at Japanese art in trees to give me a better idea of a basic black outline of a tree and i rather like the Japanese style.


Here i have looked a flower pattern, i really like the shape it makes and the way the leaves come out of the stem


here i looked a tree design, using lines and curls so i get a better idea.

This is the animation i found that gave me some of my insperation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz-Tf3-G3JM&feature=related

No comments: