Thursday, 21 April 2011

Buisness Card Ideas

Here are a few buisness card ideas, to get myself going, did a few with some of my own character designs and another using what i knew about illustrator, im going to do a few more on illustrator and maybe one more with my own character.

Rail way man Finished!!

Finished this scene, think it looks alright, had to change the layers a bit so the tall young man's layer was above the old man's. No problems, no crashing programme or computer.

Rail way man part 3

Got a bit more done today, squirall is a fidderly, have to had the extra detail etc, but its not to bad, should have it done soon :D

Tuesday, 19 April 2011

Rail way man part 2

I was given a scene to finish off, which was currrently been colored by our secound year chloe, the last few scenes are quite short, so it shouldnt take me that long to finish it. No problems with this scene except from delete unwanted bits and finding out which layer to use and renaming colors so i know which color goes where.

Profession Practice-website in progress

I started this website over the weekend, just to i can get the basic layout done and sorted out the colors i wants etc. This is what i got so far. Its very blank at the moment, im going to think up ideas of what to put the main home page and also to add to other pages to make them more interesting, i want a basic website, nothing to fancy. My first initial idea was to create a cartoon character of myself and put her in different persitions for each page, another idea would be put a small basic decoration down the side of each page, i will draw these out and keep updating the website till i am happy with it. I am also going to create more of my own character and create more human characters and try out different styles to get a bit of diversity in there.

Monday, 18 April 2011

Stag with a Background!

I got assigned a new job, I composited a background into the stag scene. Problems i came across was getting to grips with persitioning the different layers, Bring forward and back the layers and making sure things fit right, but from a lot of help from steph and alot of fidderling about and closing the page and restarting i managed to get to grips with what to do.


Background was edited and now had a full background done by harriet, i then when back to the animation and composited it all together, i also had to move the tree forward because the antlers in the stag didnt look stuck in the tree in some parts, but by doing this the tree moved around and looked like it was floating, so i had to delete the tree layer and re-do it, this didnt take to long and was a lot quicker then if i tried to move all the single layers to fit each other. Then the grass didnt quite fit and i had to adjust the grass so it would fit but then the grass moved in the scene so i deleted the grass layer and placed it again and made sure it didnt move. Then once i thought everything was sorted out and i rendered out the movie, steph noticed some blank bits where the background didnt quite reach the edges, this was mostly round the camera pan, so i went back and adjusted that and i learnt something new which will proberly help me in the future, steph told me if i turned off the page on the tool bar with the yellow circle nothing should move if i adjusted it.

Rail way man Final

Finally got this one small scene done, with added shadow. Was a bit difficult trying to stop the shadow from moving, but the animation was a bit jittery, but it wasnt to much of a problem. Eventually decided to but a thick line instead of adding a bit more, as this seemed to caused problems and i had to start over.

Friday, 15 April 2011

Rail way man

This is what i got so far, its just the basic block, i am using the same teqniquie as before, where i use the fill bucket and use the button apply to multiple scenes. The only problems i came across was there was gaps in the lines so i had to use the close gap tool so i could fill the color in,k at first i was filling in all the gaps which seem to take up a bit of time so i decided to fill in the color and where it didnt fill in, i would close the gaps where needed, this was much easier and quicker. Another small problem i came across was where i colored in animation and the previous bits on animation i colored would change for instance the face turning grey or the jacket going white, so i went over the animation and filled them in using the right colors for them.

Work Update

This is the final Stag scene, fully colored etc, it took awhile having to always tidy up the coloring, making sure it looked neat and tidy. It took longer then usal as well due to the programme crashing quite a bit.

This was a easy short scene to get done. Plus Andy showed me a better way and quicker way of coloring in on toon boom. using a fill paint bucket and converting the orginal line to Line art, which get the color right up to the edges, this can fill in all the scenes and i just have to touch up the areas it sometimes misses either due to movement etc. Then once the block color has been done i can hand draw the shadow on the hair, clothing etc. I used this on the girl shaking her head.

This has made coloring animation much quicker and much neater.