Monday 19 October 2009

These are some drawings i did during the summer holidays on days where everyone was at work and college and there was nothing to do. I enjoyed drawing them and i think i will try using more then just pencil next time and get a bit of variety going in my pictures.
I also think that i should try drawing people, this is my week spot, although i love animals and enjoy drawing them  think i need to get out my comfort zone and try something new.
I Think the kangaroo in the left turned out ok, i could of worked on the shading a bit more, worked on the eyes and the fur detail, it doesn't look right and could be improved and spent more time on, but i do like the proportion of the picture and everything is the right size and where it is meant to be.
The one on the right i copied off a DVD case called kangaroo jack, i'm not happy with this picture because, it looks rushed, eyes aren't in line or the same size, it didn't look much like the cover, could of spend again more time on the picture and the jacket detail. Im not very good at drawing pictures on angles so i may work on trying to improve that area in the future.

I Rather like the tiger picture, i do enjoy drawing big cats, especially leopards and tigers because of there patterns, i feel it gives more to the picture and you have more detail. With the tiger picture i feel like the tiger is on a slant, like everything is sliding to one size, eyes don't  look in line, I think i could of gone lighter on the picture and worked on the shading a bit more, what i do like is the detail of the strips and the eye detail.  
I love the leopard picture, they are beautiful animals, i'm fairly happy with the shading, could of worked on that more, one side looks bigger then the other though, I think i should start working on scale, proportion and making sure everything lines up.

No comments: