Monday 19 October 2009

Summer drawring part 2

Second lot of pictures i drew over the summer. 

Here i tried to draw something new and again get out my comfort zone. I decided to draw a giraffe as one of my sisters favorite animals is a giraffe. Im not overly happy with the turn out of this picture, proportion looks ok but i think the eye looks a bit to big and could be moved forward a bit more. Could of worked on detail in fur a bit more and maybe done some research into other pictures of giraffes people have drawn and got a better idea. 
Im overly happy with the proportion of the body and persitioning of everything but i think i should of worked on eyes a lot more, shading and detail, it don't look that life like and looks rushed.

I have a love for horses so thought id have a go at drawing one, i'm overly happy with the out come of this picture, I think i could of taken more time on the detail of the fur as it looks to long and it should be shorter, shading looks ok round the neck and nose, could of worked on the shading on the face.
Im really happy with my lion face, everything seems in proportion, shading looks good and everything seems to be persitioned right. I think this is one of the pictures i spent a bit of time on although i think  rushed a bit when i got to the mane and could of taken slower.

No comments: