Tuesday 2 March 2010

Pre-production character designs

These are the characters i have designed for the pre-production project, i do struggle with drawing people and i did a lot of research on faces, fashion and hairstyles form out era and the 17th century. I particularly enjoyed looking into the 17th century. As i do enjoy a bit of history.
I think i need to work on facial features a bit more and proportions of the body, but i do like the the final peices i came up with espcially some of the clothing.

My favorite part of my work are my two final faces, i can draw faces a bit better close up then at a distance, i need to work on looking at people from a side view.
My doctor ideas i looked into diffrent type of suites, i also tried looking at putting him to the same clothing as the 17th century and more into casual clothing. I wanted the doctor not to be hunky, but more of a smart, caring childish, happy character instead of going down that stereotypical route of the main character being really good looking and junky, i quite like the realistic look to it but i think next time i might have a go at looking at cartoon characters and making them look less relalistic.


I quite like the design of rose, i didnt want to make her look to girly and the typical blonde pretty girl you always see on tv, i looked into diffrent fashions and hairstyles. I decided to go for a shorter hairstyle but not make her look to tom boyish.
I dont like my body proportions those, head looks to big and i think i need to work on drawing the same images and making them look the same.
I wanted rose to be fun, bubbly, happy,energetic and cheeky character.



The king is one of my favorite designed characters, i wanted to take him away from the traditions royle colours. and i found that my favourite design was the first one i drew out. I think i need to work on his side views and maybe make him look slightly older, but over all i like the overal design.

No comments: